Church for us isn’t a building or a Sunday service – it’s a family on a mission to share the good news about Jesus.
We don’t have a church minister; our church is led by a team of leaders known as the Core team.
We are ordinary people who lead ordinary lives; but through our relationship with Jesus we know that he can do extra-ordinary things: he can bring love, light, truth and grace to all. We want to share this good news with one another and our local community.
Our Mission, Vision and Values shape our culture, and our Statement of Faith describes what we believe.
‘Knowing Jesus and making him known!’
Our heart is to know Jesus personally so that we can share the love and good news we experience with our local community.
We see our church to be ‘missional’ at its core; going out to where people are and being Jesus to the community. We want to touch a lost and hurting world and bring the love, light, truth & grace of Jesus to all. We are always open to what God wants to do in our community.
We also see our church to be ‘incarnational’ at its core; getting alongside people, accepting and befriending, getting our hands dirty. We want to people to have a sense of belonging and being a part of community; to be a part of a church that is vibrant, growing and full of people loving and following God.
Our values are founded on love and service and should influence our personal behaviour and actions as a church:
- We value first and above all, loving and serving God.
- We value loving and serving each other.
- We value loving and serving the world.
Statement of faith:
1. We believe in one God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three eternal persons: God the Father, ‘our Heavenly Father’; God the Son, ‘our Lord Jesus Christ’; and God the Holy Spirit, ‘our constant guide and helper’.
2. We believe that we were each created in the image of God; fearfully and wonderfully. We were created to dwell in and care for His amazing world; to love without limit and be loved to excess by our Heavenly Father.
3. We believe that each of our lives have been corrupted by Sin; our sins ultimately separating us from our rightful place with God and his good plans for us.
4. We believe that God sent his only son Jesus to live among us to restore all things: Jesus, fully God, fully man and full of grace, chose to die on the cross for our sake. His sacrificial death and triumphant resurrection broke the curse of sin and death forever. As we believe and put our trust in Jesus, and turn from our own way, then by grace, amazing grace, we are forgiven and reconciled with God.
5. We believe that baptism in water unites us with Jesus in his death and resurrection, and is symbolic of our own death and new birth as we become a new creation in Him.
6. We believe that baptism in the Holy Spirit anoints and empowers us to live out our God-given potential.
7. We believe that the Church is God’s chosen agent to reach out to our broken world with the grace, truth and love of Jesus. Through Jesus we are all priests, and through fellowship, prayer and the breaking of bread we are equipped to serve and minister to God, his Church and his world.
8. We believe in the truth of scripture and hold fast to the knowledge that Jesus will come again in glory, to judge the living and the dead, and restore all of creation to God’s purposes.