Knowing Jesus and making him known.
Broadly, our vision is founded on four principles: –
- A sense of movement is necessary; the prophetic images of
- “Gromit laying track furiously ahead of the train”
- “A sailing boat, that needs the keel in the water beneath it to steer; and the wind in it’s sails to power it”
- Coming from our identity as a church
We are looking to build a church that is both: –
- Missional – going out to where people are, and
- Incarnational – being Jesus to people, “getting our hands dirty”
Whose ethos is characterized by: –
- Being a church for the “unchurched”
- Attendership rather than membership
- Personal growth
Where the leadership is: –
- “APESTA” (apostolic, prophetic, evangelistic, shepherding, teaching & administrative) giftings
- Disseminated across the church
- Open & transparent
- Reproduces leadership character through mentorship
And where the ministries of the church are: –
- In alignment with our mission & values
- God ideas, not just good ideas
- Speak of excellence
- Bear fruit
And our growth is “deep & wide”: –
- Personal, in our love faith & obedience for Jesus
- Relational, that we belong, value & maintain our friendships
- Numbers, that we grow numerically as people get saved and area added to us
- Influence, that we impact the society around us
- New multifunctional building
- 3-6 congregations, 1 church
- 300-350, including kids.
- A vibrant, growing church full of people loving and following God.
- “Maturity” – People able to spiritually feed themselves; serving both in and out of the church, hearing God, living in faith & obedience.
- Every member released into their vision…
- An age spread across the spectrum.
- Different leadership model that’s Missional, incarnational & messianic, and apostolic approach.
- APESTA (Apostolic, Prophetic, Evangelistic as much as Shepherding, Teaching +/- Administration) in both church leadership, AND in ministry groupings (e.g. life groups)
- Engaging & seeing everyone fired-up for God.